Thursday, June 23, 2011

Man kills friend over ludo game

23-year-old man, on Sunday in Lagos, sent his bosom friend to an early grave after stabbing him to death during a quarrel over ludo game.
Ismaila Adeniyi claimed he was leading Olu Afolabi during the game and that suddenly Afolabi got angry which resulted into a quarrel that degenerated into a fight at Oke-Odo area of Lagos.

Adeniyi alleged that Afolabi punched him on his face and he retaliated.
According to Adeniyi, Afolabi broke a bottle on his head thus inflicting injury on him. Adeniyi continued: "I picked up a bottle from our room and stabbed my friend twice."

The victim was rushed to Isolo General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.
Speaking further, Adeniyi recalled: We met at Oke-Odo area of Lagos where we were both apprentices.
"We were playing ludo. I won in the game. We were only playing free game. Not gambling. He told me I was mad. He gave me a blow and I retaliated. He broke bottle on my head. I also retaliated, by stabbing him, which led to his death. I live with my mother. She sells pepper. It occurred on Sunday in my residence. My mother fainted immediately she heard that I had killed somebody. She was rushed to the hospital.

"Someone told me she is still in the hospital. The incident happened at about 7.30 am."
The suspect, who hails from Kwara State, was paraded before newsmen by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, in his Oduduwa Street, Ikeja, office.
Jinadu said the incident occurred on June 19, 2011. He disclosed that Adeniyi stabbed Afolabi twice before he gave up the ghost. He said his body had been deposited at Isolo General Hospital morgue for autopsy. The police spokesman said the suspect would be charged to court soon.

Source...
http://www.sunnewsonline.co

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Join The Discussion On Okoawo BlueGate & Co.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...