Saturday, April 27, 2013

Policeman gets himself nude over unpaid salaries



On Thursday a police constable, Leke Obaba, stripped himself naked at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria, to protest over his unpaid salary.

The police officer said he joined the police force in 2003 and ,  that he had not been given his salary since he started working with the force.
“You won’t believe that I have no access to my account since I was demobilized from the Mobile Police Force, MOPOL, 53 Akwa Ibom State. For over 11 years I have worked I was not paid any salary. I was later transferred from Kaduna Command to Lagos last year. Though when I was in Kaduna I was taken to a psychiatric hospital, I have wife and children to feed”
When contacted, the Provost Marshal of the Command said there was nothing he could do about it.
It was also gathered that the constable had earlier been detained but later freed so that he will not disturb suspects in the cell.
When contacted the Lagos Command Police Public Relations Officer,a Deputy Superintendent of Police Mrs.Ngozi Braide did not pick her call.

Join The Discussion On Okoawo BlueGate & Co.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...