Justice Ademola Adeniyi who tried the case said in his judgment, that he was convinced that the accused person deserved to be "removed from the public so that he will not kill more innocent persons."
The court also said that the convict should pay the sum of N150million to the families of the three persons that died as a result of his terrorist act, and that, the convict should be subjected to hard labour while in prison.
Other media outlets affected by that attack on the premises of SOJ Plaza in Kaduna State on April 26, 2012, included the Moment and the Sun Newspapers.
The High Court had heard how the accused person wept bitterly when he was rescued from a badly burnt Honda car that was allegedly used for the operation, saying he had been denied the opportunity of inheriting 72 virgins in heaven. (Vanguard Newspaper)