Sunday, June 22, 2014

How a pastor, Friday Uwem Raped a 12-Year-old Girl in the Bush.

Friday Uwem, 38-year-old pastor is cooling up in the police cell for raping a 12- year-old girl. The Edo State Police Command confirms

Pastor Friday Uwem eas said to have lured the 12-year-old daughter of his neighbour to a farm in Okokwo village, in November 2013, where she raped the innocent girl, who became pregnant from that single dastardly act. He warned the girl (codenamed Jane) not to say a word about what transpired, threatening that she would drop dead if she revealed his evil deed. Filled with fear of death, the little Jane kept quiet, not knowing that she had become pregnant.

However, the biblical warning, “Thy sin shall find you out,” came through when Jane’s tummy began to protrude, showing the tale-tell signs of pregnancy. Worried by the development, her parents carefully questioned her on May 30, 2014, and learnt that it was Pastor Uwem who committed the atrocity. Promptly, they rushed to the police station in Benin City to report the matter.

Upon hearing the heart-rending story, Edo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Foluso Adebanjo said a team from the State Criminal Investigation Department proceeded immediately to arrest the pastor.

In the course of interrogation, he confessed to the act. In an interview, he told Sunday Sun: “The victim is the daughter of my neighbour, who is my friend. It was in the evening that I lured her with biscuit and money and I took her to the bush and raped her. I had sex with her once. I didn’t use condom. I am responsible for the pregnancy. After raping her, I threatened her not to tell anybody. I told her that she would die if she told anybody. It was when the pregnancy became known that her parents vame to my house and I confessed to them

Source: Sun newspaper

Join The Discussion On Okoawo BlueGate & Co.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...